Course Maps (ages are as of December 31 in the race year in accordance with Kids of Steel rules):
Huge THANKS to Todd Hellinga and Mike Nelson at Cascade Environmental for our bike and run maps!
SWIM - Pool swim at Brennan Park. One length is 25m; distance varies by age as follows. Click on the distance to see the swim diagram for that group:
- 7 & Under - 50 m (2 lengths)
- Age 8&9 - 100m (4 lengths)
- Age 10&11 - 150m (6 lengths)
- Age 12&13 - 250m (10 lengths)
- Age 14&15 - 300m (12 lengths)
- Age 16 & over - 300m (12 lengths)
BIKE Note that road bikes are not appropriate since the bike courses include gravel and trails.
- 7 & Under (1km) - Leave transition area at bike exit and head out across grass towards men's ball diamond, turn right on Centennial Way. Go through stop sign across parking lot entrance and turn right on Loggers’ Lane. Ride to turnaround across from the All Weather Soccer fields entrance. Turn left across Loggers Lane and head back to Centennial Way and transition area.
- Age 8&9 (4.5km) - Start as above, but turn right at entrance to All Weather Fields, and ride past Kinsmen Campground and BMX Track. Turn left onto trail towards equestrian ring. Pass equestrian ring and continue on trail; cross Finch Drive into Loggers’ Creek Trail. Follow trail and go past exit to nature loop. Continue 0.5 km past that turnoff, then over bridge and take left out and over small bridge to Corridor Trail. Take Corridor Trail all the way back to the end of the Brennan Park parking lot. Turn left and head back to transition.
- Age 10&11(4.5km)- Same as above.
- Age 12&13(8.5 km)- Start as above, but instead of heading directly back to transition area, turn left towards the BMX park and All Weather fields to head into a second bike loop. After second time through Loggers’ Creek Trail network, return to transition area along Corridor Trail as above.
- Age 14&15 (8.5 km) - same as 12-13
- Age 16+ bike (12.5 km) - As 12-13 route, but with a third loop of Loggers’ Creek Trail before heading back to transition.
- 7 & Under (0.5km) - Leave transition area at run exit, cross grass towards men's ball diamond, turn left on Centennial Way then right and follow right-hand edge of parking lot to far end of soccer fields through yellow gate. Run around green equipment bins and back along edge of soccer field towards concession stand. Pass concession stand and turn left through yellow gate into finish chute in middle of parking lot.
- Age 8&9 (1 km)- Leave transition area at run exit, cross grass towards men's ball diamond, turn left on Centennial Way and follow right-hand edge of parking lot to far end of soccer fields through yellow gate. Turn left past green equipment bins and run along top edge of soccer fields. Turn left again and stay outside chain link fences as you run along long edge of soccer fields to far baseball diamond, left again along south end of fields, left past last dugout and head back towards concession. At split, stay right through yellow gate and turn into finish chute in middle of parking lot.
- Age 10&11 (2 km) - As above for 8-9s, but instead of turning into finish chute first time, stay left and continue along long edge of soccer fields, past concession stands and into lap marking chutes near ball diamond. Get mark on left arm and continue through fence opening until almost parallel with green equipment containers. Turn left and complete another loop of fields. This time, keep right after last dugout and turn right into finish chute in middle of parking lot.
- Age 12&13 (3 km) - As above for 10-11s but with one additional loop of grass soccer fields before heading to finish.
- Age 14&15 (4 km) - As above for 12-13s but with one additional loop of grass soccer fields before heading to finish.
- Age 16+ (4 km) - Same as 14-15 age group route.