Huge THANKS to Todd Hellinga and Mike Nelson at Cascade Environmental for our bike and run maps!
Course Maps (ages as at Dec 31 in race year per Kids of Steel rules)
- Bike Courses (All Ages)| PDF Map
- Run Courses (All Ages) | PDF Map
- Transition Area |PDF Map
- Tiny Tri | PDF Map
Course Descriptions (ages are as of December 31 in the race year in accordance with Kids of Steel rules):
Pool swim at Brennan Park. One length is 25m; distance varies by age as follows: Click on the distance to see the swim diagram for that group:
- Age 5 & under - 25m
- Age 6 &7 - 50 m (2 lengths)
- Age 8 & 9 - 100m (4 lengths)
- Age 10 & 11 - 150m (6 lengths)
- Age 12 & 13 - 250m (10 lengths)
- Age 14 & 15 - 300m (12 lengths)
Age 16 & over - 300m (12 lengths)
Note that road bikes are not appropriate since the bike courses include gravel and trails.
- Age 5 & under (100-200m) - Transition on grass at west exit of pool. Short closed loop in parking lot.
- Age 6 & 7 (1km) - Leave transition area at bike exit and head out across grass towards men's ball diamond, turn right on Centennial Way. Go through stop sign across parking lot entrance and turn right on Loggers Lane. Ride to turnaround across from the All Weather Soccer fields entrance. Turn left across Loggers Lane and head back to Centennial Way and transition area.
- Age 8 & 9 (4.5km) - Leave transition area at bike exit and head out across grass towards men's ball diamond, then turn right on Centennial Way. Go through stop sign across parking lot entrance and turn right on Loggers Lane. Continue on right side of Loggers Lane until just past entrance to All Weather Field / BMX Track, then get onto the paved Corridor Trail. Ride along Corridor Trail until just before the Adventure Centre. Turn sharp right and ride over small bridge into Loggers Creek Trail. Turn left, cross bridge, then loop around to the right and back along Loggers Creek Trail to Finch Drive. Cross Finch Drive and go back into trail past Hendrickson Fields on your right and then the equestrian ring on your left. Turn right at BMX track, and then turn left just before Loggers Lane back onto the Corridor Trail. Follow the Trail to the end of the parking lot in front of Brennan Park, then turn left and follow the cones back to the transition area behind the pool.
- Age 10 & 11 (4.5km) - Same as above.
- Age 12 & 13 (8.5 km) - Start as above, but instead of heading back to transition area after passing BMX track, turn right back onto Corridor Trail and head towards Adventure Centre on your second bike loop. After second time through Loggers Creek Trail network, return to transition area along Corridor Trail as above.
- Age 14 & 15 (8.5 km) - same as 12-13
Age 16+ (12.5 km) - As 12-13 route, but with a third loop of Loggers Creek Trail before heading back to transition.
- Age 5 & under (90m) - From transition, run towards the finish chute, and under the arch.
- Age 6 & 7 (0.5km) - Leave transition area at run exit, cross grass towards men's ball diamond, turn left on Centennial Way then right and follow right-hand edge of parking lot to far end of soccer fields through yellow gate. Run around green equipment bins and back along edge of soccer field towards concession stand. Pass concession stand and turn left through yellow gate into finish chute in middle of parking lot.
- Age 8 & 9 (1 km) - Leave transition area at run exit, cross grass towards men's ball diamond, turn left on Centennial Way and follow right-hand edge of parking lot to far end of soccer fields through yellow gate. Turn left past green equipment bins and run along top edge of soccer fields. Turn left again and stay outside chain link fences as you run along long edge of soccer fields to far baseball diamond, left again along south end of fields, left past last dugout and head back towards concession. At split, stay right through yellow gate and turn into finish chute in middle of parking lot.
- Age 10 & 11 (2 km) - As above for 8-9s, but instead of turning into finish chute first time, stay left and continue along long edge of soccer fields, past concession stands and into lap marking chutes near ball diamond. Get mark on left arm and continue through fence opening until almost parallel with green equipment containers. Turn left and complete another loop of fields. This time, keep right after last dugout and turn right into finish chute in middle of parking lot.
- Age 12 & 13 (3 km) - As above for 10-11s but with one additional loop of grass soccer fields before heading to finish.
- Age 14 & 15 (4 km) - As above for 12-13s but with one additional loop of grass soccer fields before heading to finish.
- Age 16+ (4 km) - Same as 14-15 age group route.