Registration on hold
The current global health crisis has been cancelling and closing events across the world and sadly it may do the same for our local youth triathlon. We have been watching the news closely and our decision to put registration on hold has been guided by the recommendations of the government and our sanctioning body of TriBC. On March 13, 2020, TriBC sent out an email to all race directors informing us that all sanctioned events through April 30, 2020 will be suspended. In mid April, they will re-assess the situation and the sanction may be lifted, or lengthened, based on the known health risks at that time. Our race date is after the April 30 cut-off so we are cautiously optimistic that we will be able to go forward with the race. However, on the chance that we will have to cancel the race, we are putting our registration on hold until we hear the results of the mid April review of the health situation.
No refunds are being issued at present as we are hoping the race will go ahead. Decisions for how we will handle current registrations should the race not take place will be made after the mid April review. We are a small not-for-profit event and have already put forth substantial finances to make this race run. Please be patient and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Tara, Julie and the SYT committee